Reviewed May 10, 2013
Stayed May 2013
Traveled on business
(1) The bed. It's like sleeping on the floor or a board. It's very hard. I don't know about those who like hard matrass, but I really don't.
(2) The carpet. It's old and though it's clean, still feel like it's not clean enough because of the bad choice of color.
(3) The bathroom floor. I stayed in room 504, and some pieces of bathroom floor are broken and its bounces when you step on it.
(4) The hot water. For the first 3 nights, when I took the shower, the hot water and cold water changes every 3 seconds. So sometimes you feel too hot, but other time you feel too cold. For the 4th night the hot water were not even there. And for the 5th and 6th nights I had to open the water for more than 10 minutes before I could get the hot water.
(5) The breakfast. It's like almost having the exact same food every morning.
To be fair, the hotel do have pluses:
(1) Of course it's location. It located 10 minutes-walk to the Al Faisaliah mall and tower where you can go to observation deck and enjoy Riyadh lights at night. Or to get something to eat on the food plaza at the mall.
(2) This is probably the thing that can wipe the minuses. One afternoon I need to go around, and asked the receptionist to write the address in Arabic for me. But he was Pakistanis and asked his Saudi friend instead. But to my surprise, he offer the lift by his car and didn’t want to accept tips. His name is Jamal and he is an employee at the hotel but also a university student majoring in accounting. He even asked me to call him if I wanted to get back to the hotel again. But I took taxi instead :)
And that might be the only 2 pluses that this hotel had. IMHO, they really should improve. The rate of the hotel is quite high only to have this kind of services.